Let's start this week with a challenge; this hair style I made below. But first let me tell your about the story behind this.
Angelique, founder of Jour Blanc, sent me this beautiful scarf made of 100% silk directly from France (Oh, la la!) I fell in love of the stamps immediately. The colors and patterns take you to an imaginary journey between the natures of the world and space playing around with geometric shapes and textures. Trés Magnifique!
I love to wear a scarf on my head, as a turban or headband. However, for this occasion I bringing you something different. It's a crown braid with scarf. It will take a few minutes to make and if you are familiar with braids it would take even less... I promise it's easier than it looks. This up-do is perfect to combat this hot weather or to change your look from time to time. Who's with me!?
- Begin with wavy hair, this will give you more volume. My favorite tutorials to achieve the waves are THIS or THIS. (Remember to protect your hair from the heat with a product)
- Take a portion of hair on the top center and go from the to create a French braid. (Don't know how to make a french braid? No problem, a quick tutorial HERE!)
- Continuing braiding around one side of the face.
- When you get to the bottom center, continue to braid normally. Tie with a rubber band.
- Repet steps 2, 3 and 4 on the other side.
- Take the tip of the right braid and get it to the top of the head on the opposite side. Hold with one or more bobby pins until it feels firm.
- Hold only the ends and leave a space between the two braids. (as shown in picture)
- Repeat the same on the other side.We are halfway ... Woho!
- Take the scarf and wrap it to make a thinner strip.
- Place the middle of the scarf at the top center of your head.
- Twist between the tips of the braids and make a knot. Fasten with bobby pins if necessary.
- Take one of the ends of the scarf and starts twisting around the braids. As you go interlacing, keep the scarf twisted. This was the reason we left the space in step 7.
- Continuing with the first half until you get to the bottom of the head. Fasten with bobby pins.
- Repeat step 12 to 13 on the other side and voilá!
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: "I Tried Clip On Hair Extensions... & This Is What Happened!"
Did you like it? The up-do is perfect for a romantic or bohemian look, don't you think ? Now the final surprise: I'll be giving away this scarf courtesy of Jour Blanc. You just need to share a picture I will post on my Facebook and Instagram account. One winning lucky reader will be chosen randomly next Wednesday. Easy breezy, Good luck!
Ps. Let me know how it goes with the hairstyle. Pss. This hair-do was create by Loli Jimenez, for more information about her services you can contact her HERE.