For months I've been looking for new ways to organize my extensive (and disorganized) collection of accessories, remember this post?I've found some practical solutions like using plates to place the pieces that I use almost daily. I will have them around but it won't feel like they are disorganized. After seeing the latest china collection of Kelly Wearstley, I got the idea of designing my own hand painted plates to arrange my jewels. The project is super easy, you can do without spending a lot of money and the result is very fun.
So who's in? Let's do it!
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE:"How To Make A DIY Emoji Jewelry Plate"
- Plates (you can choose any colors or shapes)
- Color spray (you can choose any colors)
- Permanent makers
- Masking tape ( could be different sizes, I used one of 1/4" and 1/2" of width)
- Take the tape and cover the plate to create a pattern design, remember that these parts will not be covered by the paint. In my case, I decided to do a linear geometric design, using different sizes of tape to form a th pattern. There is not right or wrong way to do this, you can find inspiration from geometric patterns on internet or Pinterest to have an idea.
- Cover the plate with spray (read the product instructions), remember to cover the area where you are working on with paper to avoid damaging the surface.
- Let them dry for several hours (read the product instructions for more info), then peel off the adhesive tape carefully.
- Use the permanent markers to draw something by hand if you like. This part is optional.
- Let the ink dry.
- Place them in your dresser, nightstand or bathroom. Decorate with a flowers arrange around and VOILÁ!. Your "messy but organized" accessories collection will look much better.